1. a shy, reticent person.
Is it just me, or does anyone else for the most part, desire to be completely hidden from the world, away from everyone and everything?
See, to me, the thought of not having to converse with anyone, look at anyone, hug, laugh with or meet people is bittersweet. But hey, I realise that I’m not the only introvert out there, and some maybe don’t view things as pessimistic and extreme as I do, and some, maybe even more so, because we are all different in our own ways.
Now, I know for definite that I am an introvert, but it definitely does NOT define my character completely. Apart from not being a so-called ‘people person’ and that I can be quite quiet and withheld in certain situations, you probably would not be able to tell how much of an introvert I am, as I am generally really gentle, kind, caring, friendly and super social; I guess that’s because it all starts within your mental conscious, and that’s why it can become naked to another’s eye.
10 signs you are NOT a ‘People Person’
1. Going out of your way to ignore someone you know (i.e. phone calls, texts, over social media, seeing them in public) because you are not in the mood and just can’t be bothered to have a conversation.
2. Spending your days off alone indoors, in bed watching movies, eating all day, or maybe even snuggled up with your cat, who seemingly understands you more than most humans.
3. You spend most of your time watching a series online, that you make ‘besties’ out of the characters.
4. Ordering a takeaway, because you’d rather sit alone and eat than be around other humans.
5. You’ll do everything in your power and come up with endless excuses to avoid meeting up with people, attending any events, dinners etc.
6. Putting your bag(s) on the seat next to you and looking away, or pretending to be asleep, whilst on public transport, just to stop the next person from getting on and sitting next to you.
7. Answering the phone to an unknown number only to find it’s a friend or family member that you haven’t spoken to in a while (basically have been avoiding), and feeling so annoyed about conversing with them that you never want to answer the phone AGAIN.
8. Your favourite places to shop are the ones where the customer service is totally on your side and they don’t pester you as it’s obvious they hate people too, oh and self-checkouts, which pretty much have NO human interaction.
9. You do most of your shopping online, due to the fact it’s easy, and that you don’t have to see, hear, or be around other humans. WIN!
10. Your favourite weekend activities involve going to places where you’re unlikely to bump into someone you know, therefore decreasing the risk that you’ll have to engage in awkward conversation.
So, I am interested to know, is this you? Do you hate human contact just as much as introverts like me, or are you the opposite and love interaction? Are you an extrovert?
Let me know in the comments below