Have you experienced any scams recently? Well so have we.
The so called “Speech/Distraction” scam has been spreading through the Habbo Hotel like wild fire. The scam seems to be very popular when buying furniture in a bulk format. Lets break down this puzzling scam!
The object of this scam is to obtain someone else’s furniture/coins with the scammer giving little to no furniture/coins in return. The scam its self is not hard to do but does require some coins/furniture to do it.
How its Done
The scam is not that complicated, but as stated above it does require the scammer to have some furniture/coins. Heres how it begins:
- The scammer begins by asking you for a large trade (ex. a football field or a collection of rares). You would then trade the scammer and begin the deal.
- The coins the scammer offers would be either Gold Bars or Sacks and sometimes Gold Coins. This is important because it is the furniture the scammer will be taking away.
- The scammer well then put in some miscellaneous furniture and say something like, “I really love this trade so I am adding some furniture in for you.”
- As you begin to accept the trade the scam says a very long sentence about something. For example, in the picture to the right, the scammer says “Here do you know the progative of santan is the obonic symbol of the u lay loo lay & he was succu.” This is used to distract you as you are trading.
- While you are being “distracted” and traded the scammer will take out 1 or 2 of the Gold Bars or Sacks.
If you by chance do accept the trade, you will most likely end with some furniture, but no change for the furniture you traded.
Now lets see what some of your fellow Habbos said on the subject:
“I think it’s very pathetic how low people going these days for a few extra pieces of furni.”
“How desperate can someone get?“
“It’s ridiculous, how low can u go really.”
Have you seen this happen? If so why not post it below by clicking on “Read more & Comment.”
Powered by WPeMatico