The discovery of an ‘incredibly lifelike but non-viable explosive device’, leading to the abandoning of the Manchester United v Bournemouth football match made the front pages earlier this week.
Recently some news has been released about this scandal in which it was ‘all a mistake!’
Read more below.
Earlier this week the Manchester United v Bournemouth football match, scheduled to take place at Man Utd’s Old Trafford Stadium, was evacuated in what seemed to be a bomb scare. A suspicious looking package was located in one of the stands.
By the time the game would have been 10 minutes old, the entire stadium had been evacuated in concern for their safety. The stadium had been cornered off by police while the situation was investigated.
In the end, the British Army Bomb Disposal Expert team took a look and decided to place the suspected item under a controlled explosion to safely dispose of it.
To the right, you’ll see two tweets that Greater Manchester Police forces sent out as updates.
It turns out that the Chief of Security that left, what is now known to be a dummy bomb used in an earlier training exercise, said he took full responsibility for the blunder which led to thousands of people being evacuated from the ground.
Greater Manchester Mayor has also told United that they need to “apologise very very seriously” to supporters of both clubs who were visiting the stadium at the time.
Luckily, the Premier League Match has been rearranged for Tuesday 17th May 2016 at 20:00 BST and will be screened live by Sky Sports.